The ongoing efforts of supporters like you allow Physicians for Peace to send missions into the field, and continue our education programs around the globe. Joining a mission team is not the only way to help. Personal fundraising initiatives are simple and caring ways to help those in need a world away. Here are suggestions for ways you can take action.
How do I start a fundraiser for Physicians for Peace
- We are your resource as you plan your fundraising activities. Remember, permission is required in order to use Physicians for Peace name and logo so contact us to help you get started.
What are some examples of successful fundraising events that I can hold?
- Elegant Fundraiser. Hold a benefit event with professional or local musicians.
- Transform Your Club for a Cause. Get your book club, sports club, civic club, any club to join in on a cause.
- Team Up! Get friends together for a walk-a-thon, fun run, bike-a-thon, dance-a-thon, or similar event, and ask family members and friends to contribute by the mile or hour.
- Birthdays and Holidays. Encourage friends and family to make a donation to Physicians for Peace in lieu of gifts for an occasion such as a wedding, anniversary or birthday.
- Sponsor a Collection Drive.Divide your office staff or group into two teams and hold a supply collection drive contest. At the end of the drive, determine a winner according to how much equipment was collected (by weight or volume).
- Have a Casual Day at Your Office. Set a price for employees to be able to wear jeans to the office one day a week or month and collect cash donations.
- Invite Us to Speak. We have staff, Board members, medical volunteers and other supporters available to speak to civic and community organizations, and corporations that have philanthropic interests. Invite us to inform and inspire your group.
How do I promote my event to the community?
- Contact us. We can provide step-by-step instructions to getting the word out about your event.
- Physicians for Peace has posters and collateral to provide to you when appropriate. Just call and find out what materials we have to offer for distribution.
- Definitately - FACEBOOK - BLOG - TWITTER your event!